TheNPMom Blog has been around for 1 year! That is very exciting for me, and I am honored that people care to read what I write. In celebrating this month, Sibu Beauty is giving away of their Sea Buckthorn Daytime Facial Cream. I was lucky enough to be asked by this company to review this product. What’s important to note, I have been asked to review products in the past – and this is the first product I have brought to you. What does that mean? That means none of the other products have past my review! (I am a hard sell)
Sibu Beauty – The Company http://www.sibubeauty.com/
Bruce McMullin founded Sibu in 2003 after series of events led him to Calcutta, India where he crossed paths with an ayurvedic specialist in Chinese plants and herbs. In passing, this expert mentioned a powerful holy fruit, the Sea Buckthorn berry.
From there McMullin’s quest took him to new heights, figuratively and literally, as he journeyed to some of the most remote locations of the Himalayas to find the superior source of Sea Buckthorn that is the foundation for all Sibu products.
What is Sea Buckthorn?
High in the Tibetan Himalayas (12,000 feet above sea level) grows a tiny but resilient fruit that resists the harsh weather conditions and high altitudes. The sea buckthorn berry fortifies itself against the elements by producing an array of powerful nutrients. With over 190 bioactive compounds, sea buckthorn is an unsurpassed source of Omegas 3, 6, and 9. And it’s a rich source of the elusive essential fatty acid, Omega-7, an essential fatty acid vital to collagen production and healthy skin, hair and nails.
Sea buckthorn is a natural product with 1300 years of traditional uses with the modern scientific research to back it up. Our superior processing techniques and our premium and exclusive source of sea buckthorn allow us to create a revolutionary group of beauty products.
What Is Omega 7?
Omega 7 provides key building blocks for skin, hair and nails. It helps combat wrinkles, dryness, loss of skin elasticity, and other symptoms of malnourished or aging skin. It also helps skin function properly by supporting numerous skin functions, including:
- Boosting collagen production*
- Protecting against oxidative damage*
- Restoring youthful resilience and plumpness to aging skin cells*
- Rejuvenating skin cell membranes*
- Enhancing the skin’s ability to retain moisture*
- Repairing sun-damaged skin*
- Protecting against sun damage, toxins and environmental stress*
Read more about it here: http://www.sibubeauty.com/omega_7.php
First, keep in mind, I have been asked to review products before – this is the first product that I reviewed and thought was worth bringing to my readers. I have very sensitive skin, so I always cringe when I am asked to review a facial product. I wear little make up, so a huge breakout is VERY frustrating.
So, I was hesitant but agreed….. and I am glad I did. Here is why:
1) It’s All Natural: Natural products are becoming more and more important to me. I am careful in what I put in my body and on my body. We are finding more and more research to support the idea that chemically abundant products have the potential to cause cancer. Therefore, what we put in and on our body should be of a natural origin. But, do your homework – the term natural can be misleading. Check your products ingredient list! The first two ingredients of this product: Water and Sea Buckthorn Oil
2) Fragrance: I like a simple, natural fragrance. I never like products to have a heavy, perfume odor. Sibu Beauty Daily Facial Cream has lovely, light orange smell. The perfect smell for early mornings.
3) Light and Moisturizing: I never want a daily facial product to be heavy. I also do not want to touch my face and come away with an oily sheen, after a product has time to absorb. I applied this product. It didn’t feel greasy, absorbed quickly, but most importantly it left my skin feeling soft and smooth…… no oily sheen either!
4) NO BREAKOUTS! Ok, this is the most important thing to me! I am always hesitant to use any new product on my face. I have dealt with adult onset acne for years. GUESS WHAT…… I had absolutely no breakouts. I was thrilled.
Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Daily Facial Cream is a GREAT product. I don’t know yet, that it is completely reversing my aging process…. that would take a sandblaster!! But, I do know that the product is natural, we all need a moisturizer and this did not breakout my skin. I will continue to use this facial cream.
I would encourage you to take a look at their website, and decide for yourself.
Now for the best part, I get to give away a Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Daily Facial Cream to one special reader.
To enter the giveaway, just answer the following question in the Comments section of this post:
“What is your favorite beauty secret or product?”
Is there a product that you cannot live without? IS there a secret beauty tip to share? What could it be?
Just shout out what your weakness is in the realm of fashion/accessories/beauty and you’re automatically entered to win a Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Daily Facial Cream to sample for yourself.
(If you have resolve as strong as steel and have no secret product or tip, no prob! Just say so in the Comments.)
One entry per person, please. Last entry will be Thursday night at midnight (central time zone)
Winners will be selected at random and announced Friday.